Baccarat is one of the most glamorous and exciting casino games. This is because there are just three possible wagers in the baccarat betting system, making the game easy for beginners. You can bet on these primary outcomes: the banker, the player, or a tie. While bets are placed before cards are dealt, there are a few things you have to know to continue. This casino news highlights the basic rules of baccarat when playing on online casino gambling sites.
Rules of Baccarat: The Basics Are the Key to Winning!
Baccarat is one of the most popular table games online that is often played in an online casino. The game is played between two hands, the “player” and the “banker”, and the objective is to bet on which hand will have a higher score at the end of the round. The score is determined by adding up the value of the cards in each hand, with the highest possible score being 9. Baccarat is a game of chance, and players do not have any control over the cards that are dealt. It is a simple and fast-paced game that can be enjoyed by both novices and experienced players alike.
One of the rules of the baccarat card game relates to knowing the card values.
- The values of the cards, from 2 to 9, are the same as their face values, so a five is for 5 points, and an eight is worth 8.
- The cards 10, Jack, Queen, and King each have a value of “0” in this game.
- The value of the card Ace is 1.
For instance, a total of seven would be achieved by combining a seven and a Jack. If you have an Ace and a 4, you get five.
Rules for Calculating the Total Value of Cards
One of the vital rules of baccarat is – After two cards are dealt to each banker and dealer, the values of the cards are calculated. Each baccarat side’s value is calculated by adding the points from the two cards on that side.
If adding these numbers results in a total of less than 10, that is your hand’s value. If the total is ten or more, the first digit of the sum is discarded.
Take the case of receiving a 6 and a 7 in baccarat, which, when added together, equals 13. The hand’s worth is reduced to 3 by dropping the first digit. After arriving at that number, a few ground rules kick in, whether you are playing in a physical casino or an online casino.
The Natural Win
The rules of baccarat state that if the player’s or the banker’s point total is 8 or 9, the player or the banker automatically wins the hand. The payout for a bet depends on the round’s outcome.
Third Card Rules
If the dealer’s two hands add up to less than eight or nine, they may draw a third card to one or both hands. The rules for when a third card should be drawn are pretty specific and not up to a player’s discretion.
Rules For The Player
- The rules of baccarat state that a player must draw a third card if the total value of their first two cards is 0, 1,2, 3, 4, or 5. However, if the banker draws an 8 or 9, the banker wins, ending the round.
- A player must stand If their first two cards are a six or a 7.
- A player wins or ties if their first two cards are an eight or a 9. The win or tie depends on the banker’s value cards.
Rules For The Banker
The rules of baccarat card game state that the banker must stay when his total hand is 6 or 7 and draw a card on a total hand of 0-5. This is if the player doesn’t draw a third card. However, if a player draws a third card, below are the rules the banker has to follow, like in many other casino games:
- The banker always draws when the banker’s total hand value is between 0 – 2 and the player’s third card value is 0, 1, or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
- The banker draws when the banker’s total hand value is three and the player’s third card value is 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 9. If it’s an 8, the banker has to stand.
- The banker draws when the banker’s total hand value is a four and the player’s third card value is 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. The banker must stand if it’s 0, 1, 8, or 9.
- The banker draws when the banker’s total hand value is a five, and the player’s third card value is 4, 5, 6, 7. The banker has to stand if it’s 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, or 9.
- The banker draws when the banker’s total hand value is a six and the player’s third card value is 6, 7. The banker has to stand if it’s 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, or 9.
- The banker always stands when their total hand value is 7, 8, or 9.
After knowing the rules of baccarat, you still have to understand and implement the baccarat best strategy to win. Learning the basics gets more than halfway through winning the game all the time. So when playing baccarat online casino games, take note of these rules, and playing will be a breeze.