A good and successful online Blackjack real money game session always depends on sound strategy. And while the double down meaning may be used by many, it is definitely unknown to many more. The double down amplifies play by capitalizing on timing and chance, offering a strategic advantage for players.
As mentioned, many players don’t know the intricate details of making a double-down move. If you follow through to the end of this casino news, you’ll know what double down means and how to use it in your Blackjack game. Let’s get right into it.
Double Down Meaning: An Important Blackjack Concept
One of the favored casino games, Blackjack (or 21), aims to reach a hand value near 21 without exceeding it.
But what exactly is the double down meaning? It is a strategic move in Blackjack you make when you want to double your initial wager after receiving the first two cards, under the condition that he must receive another card. It is indeed a risky move, but it can significantly increase your chances of winning. And this is why it is necessary to double down when the time is right; anything short of the right time will result in a disaster.
How to Apply Double-Down Meaning In Blackjack
You can use double down at physical and online casinos and in various variants, including Double Deck Blackjack online.
Here’s how to apply your double-down meaning to a game of Blackjack:
- Before a round of Blackjack by dealing the first two cards, every player must wager the ante bet. The game begins after the dealer collects all the bets.
- The dealer deals two cards to every player to begin the game. Every player then decides to hit, stand, double down, split, or surrender.
- To double down, you place another bet equal to the ante bet, which makes your wager double.
- After placing another bet, receive one more card and wait.
- Once you receive the third card, your hand is complete. All you have to do is now wait for the dealer to compare your hand with his to determine the winner.
Note that the Blackjack Switch variant allows players to switch the second card after the dealer deals with the initial two cards. More details on these types of games can be read in multiple online casino reviews.
When to Double Down
Understanding the double down meaning is not enough to win a game of Blackjack when you don’t know when to double down. This basic strategy for doubling down lets you know the best time.
.These moves, like the standing on soft 17 blackjack rule, have been statistically proven to work. You are more likely to have the best hand in these scenarios. Some of these may include the following.
- When you have a hard nine from your first two cards and the dealer reveals a card between 2 and 6 (excluding an ace), you should double down your bet. Doubling down is advised because a hand with a total of hard nine (a hand without an ace) is more substantial. It is an excellent strategy if your hand comprises combinations like 2-7, 3-6, or 4-5. On the other hand, if your hand totals a soft 9 (A-8), doubling down is not advisable, regardless of the dealer’s hand.
- If your initial hand contains an Ace and a card between 5 and 7, forming a soft total of 16 to 18 (as Aces can have values of 1 or 10), it’s wise to double down when facing a dealer hand totaling 2 to 6. However, holding an Ace and a smaller card ranging from 2 to 4 is better to hit since achieving a solid hand is less likely.
- A hard 10 or 11 is a strong hand, providing a strong advantage over the dealer. Therefore, you should double down if your initial two cards sum up to 10 or 11 (excluding an ace) and the dealer’s hand total is lower.
Learning the double-down meaning is not enough if you don’t practice it. Therefore practice the double-down move free at the best online casino.
Read the rules of a chosen blackjack variant before playing for real money. More details on the rules, gameplay, and payouts can be found in our online casino guides. For example, there is a five-card trick in Pontoon 21 Blackjack that gives you an edge on your game, if you learn the rules.
If you’re a casino enthusiast, eager to know more about other games, try playing the Inferno Slots game for heated action in the Firehouse. You won’t regret playing it!
You can also read this and other interesting articles on our social media, and share them with your friends.